January 27, 2012

Assessment Presentation #3 - And Fiend Project Antwerp









 Yesterday I had another assessment day. This time it was only for my own teachers.

Because there was such a short period of time between the previous presentation and this one (because of the holidays), I couldn't show much new work. I decided to just make a complete different presentation with a selection of my work.

Last week I went to Antwerp with three classmates to visit Fiend Projects, an art festival. I got really inspired by the presentations of the works there.
It was a really dynamic and playful exhibition. We walked around for a couple of hours and we kept discovering other works, even though the space wasn't so big.

I wanted to take this inspiration and use it for the assessment presentation, and I think it worked out, I was very happy with my presentation.
The teachers spoke out their thoughts and advises. They told me to experiment more with color and structure, make enormous installations (so big I wouldn't be able to drag them to school) and to give more depth to my work. By depth they meant choosing less shallow subjects, so that I can put more of my opinion in it and not just show what the subject is about in general.

Below are some photo's I took in Antwerp at the festival.









No comments:

Post a Comment