March 20, 2012

Few weeks of Fine Arts



This week I started a new course at school. I now follow the classes of first year Fine Arts. Immediately I felt more at home then in the classes I had this whole year. In the first class we collaborated the works of the students, which they had made this past week. Compared to how I'm expected to work now (always have a concept, what do you want to say with your work, who are you as an artist and show this in your work), these students just produced, just DID. They made work and tried to find what they would like to do with it. This I liked, of course, there has to be a main-assignment or something, but to improve, not to limit.
The second class was a life drawing class, we are going to do this every Monday next year!! Good teachers, nice model, it was a great day. I'm very proud of the left drawing, I learned that I just have to take my time, and build up slowly with drawings like these.

A few students did the preparatory year as well, like I am doing now. They told me that they didn't like it at all and that Fine Arts itself is much more personal and free. So I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment